Chocolate vs. COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting every aspect of our lives, including our home chocolate stash. Many chocolate makers and chocolatiers have closed their shops because of state directives. Even See’s Candies has suspended production for the first time since WWII.
But not to worry, a lot of local chocolate vendors are still making and shipping chocolate. So while we are all staying home to flatten the curve, please continue to support your local chocolate makers and chocolatiers by ordering online.
Most of them have online stores, or at least a way to contact them from their websites to check if they are shipping and to place orders. Some are offering special deals:
- Bisou Chocolate is offering free shipping on orders of $35 or more (with FREESHIP35 code).
- Casa de Chocolates is offering discounted shipping rates.
- Charles Chocolates has free shipping in CA and $5 shipping to other states on orders over $20.
- CocoTutti is offering discounted shipping.
- Dandelion Chocolate has free shipping on chocolate, plus 2x daily delivery of their pastries in SF with a $10 delivery fee.
- Feve Artisan Chocolatier is giving 9-piece boxes of Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels if you order $75+ from their online store.
- Formosa Chocolates is offering 15% off through May 31 (with code SHOPSMALL15).
- Jade Chocolates is offering a Buy 2/Get 1 Half Off special on Rice Paddies, $8 shipping in CA, and free shipping on orders of $95+.
- Michael’s Chocolates is offering 20% off on some bonbon collections.
- Michael Mischer Chocolates is offering free delivery in Oakland on orders of $25 or more.
- Neo Cocoa is offering 25% off (with SUPPORT2020 code).
- 9th & Larkin is offering free shipping in the US until 5/1/2020, plus 10% off order (with 9NLSF code).
- Rainy Day Chocolates is offering free shipping on all orders (with spring2020 code).
- Recchiuti Confections is offering 15% off and discounts on shipping for orders of $75+ (with SHOPSMALL code).
- Socola Chocolatier has free local delivery to some SF locations, plus free shipping on orders over $75.
- TCHO is offering free ground shipping on orders of $50+.
- tinyB has a 20% off special on their Easter Assortment (code: EasterTreat).
- The Xocolate Bar has free shipping on orders over $49.
If you don’t see your fav SFBA chocolatier/chocolate maker on the list, I couldn’t find a special deal from them. But support them anyway, if you can.
If you don’t need any chocolate right now (ha!), buy a gift certificate. If you can’t afford anything at the moment, sign up for their emails/newsletters, so you can get alerted to special deals.
If you are not SFBA local, you can still order from many of our chocolate vendors. Or check to see what your local chocolate makers/chocolatiers are doing in these trying times and order something from them. It will help them stay in business and help you stay happy too.
Everybody stay well — and well chocolated!
A writer/designer, Nancy lives in Oakland with Ronnie (AKA cacaopod), her husband of many years & fellow chocolate enthusiast.
Date posted: April 7, 2020. This entry was posted in Chocolate shops, East Bay chocolate, Featured, Front page, Listed chocolate maker, Listed chocolatier, Local chocolate, San Francisco chocolate and tagged Charles Chocolates, coronavirus, COVID-19, Feve Artisan Chocolatier, Jade Chocolates, Michael Mischer, Michael's Chocolates, Recchiuti Confections, Socola Chocolatier, tinyB chocolate, veteran SFBA artisan chocolatier. Bookmark the permalink.